Hertfordshire Asian Women’s Association (HAWA) Empowers, Inspires and Motivates Asian Women in Hertfordshire
- HAWA was founded in 2008 after coming away from its sister organisation, UK Asian women Conference- Herts Branch
- Our Aim is to work intensely at the local level for Asian women.
- Our work is primarily based in the St Albans City and District area and hopefully in the future our scope is to branch out to the rest of Hertfordshire.
- HAWA is an independent organisation which has no religious, national or political affiliations; membership is therefore open to all women.
The Hertfordshire Asian Women’s Associations’ objectives are to promote Education, Employment, Training as well as Guidance. We strive to work towards the advancement of women and promote human rights and gender equalities at a local, national and international level. HAWA aims to:
- To inform, advise and involve Asian Women on issues that affect them.
- To undertake a programme of activities to meet the needs of Asian Women; arrange professional trainers to facilitate empowerment training, to all members and outside bodies or organisations working towards the aims and objectives.
- To work towards a society based on the principles of social justice, equal rights and opportunities for all.
- To support the claim of every citizen to the right to enjoy basic civil rights and freedom.
- To value each and every members contribution.
- To enable Asian Women to take an effective part in the development of their day to day lives in the United Kingdom.
- HAWA is a platform for Asian women to voice their opinions to statutory and voluntary organisations.
- To obtain and provide advice to Asian women on education, health, employment, housing, welfare, domestic violence, forced marriage, gender equality and any other issues that discriminate women in the UK.
- Enable Asian women to develop their self-confidence, enable them to seek knowledge through education, voluntary work and gain skills in their chosen areas.
Download the Application Form for Membership (2014-2015) by clicking here.